Sunday, January 8, 2012

Geek Out.

Yes, I am a self proclaimed theatre nerd and all around awkward/goofy person. And yes, that does mean that on a recent trip to Lorne, located on the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, I dragged my friend into a second hand book store to look at the play section.
To be honest, it had never occurred to me that upon often being disappointed at the range of plays on offer at your regular bookstore (Dymocks, I am looking at you), that perhaps there was a gold mine of a book shop just around the corner, in the form of the ye odle Second hand bookshop.



And mine for gold I did, for entering the book shop on a whim of spotting it, we dashed into the store, rather I dashed and my friend wandered, and headed straight to the play section, and EUREKA! I spotted the name "BRECHT" and knew I hit the jackpot.So much to to my friends dismay that I spotted a new by ladder and started climbing it to get a better look on what was on offer. I stayed on that ladder for half an hour, "Ooh"ing and "ahhh"ing over all of the titles. Walking away with 8 in total. I was a very satisfied girl for the rest of the day - and so was my wallet.
It is a wonder that I paid little more than $5 dollars for each title. I cant WAIT to head to my local second hand book store to see what they have on offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment