Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New York Fashion Street.

I know it may be some kind of crime to admit this, but although I love seeing the runway shows from fashion week, the thing I love even more is the street style!
Dozens upon dozens of women, and men, dressed in their finery brave the streets of manhattan this year, hoping to view next seasons styles - as well as be shot by a street photographer or two!
Anyway, as I flicked through all of the photos taken, a recent quote by Vivian Westwood popped into my head, "everybody looks like clones".
And as I gazed at over 500 photos, I realized I was getting bored and that everyone did look the same, and the seeping feeling of disappointment arose inside me, and I realised she was right.

Anyway, out of the 605 photos I looked out, these are the ones that interested me enough to actually save and share with you all.











Photos taken from stylelist.com

I defiantly feel that the men were repping it this year! What they do with layering and mixing textures defiantly interested me more than what some of the women were doing.
I wear a lot of black, so as you can probably tell, I love bursts of bright colours to break it up a bit.
I am also loving the trend of coloured furs that seem to be coming in (faux of course), I have a teal/green one sitting in my closet from Topshop that I am waiting to break out once the colder months set in!

I am looking forward to seeing the London and Paris fashion week street style photos, I feel the Europeans never let us down with daring fashion statements!

What were your favorite collections at NY Fashion week?

No comments:

Post a Comment